The Jr. Copywriter, Digital Advocacy is a member of truth’s Marketing Department, a 20-member team which directs all marketing initiatives for the organization truth® campaign. This person directly reports to the Senior Advocacy Specialist with a dotted line report into our in-house creative studio comprising of our copywriting and design team. Our ideal candidate will have outstanding writing skills, an ability to work quickly and independently, and an intuitive grasp of what makes a visually driven story succeed across digital channels and in the field to drive advocacy experiences.
We are seeking an individual that has a background that leans into issue advocacy and experience with high impact campaigns to raise awareness on critical youth prevention issues. Creative writing to drive action, both online and on the ground, is desirable. Please note, applications without a link to creative work(s) will not be considered.
- Write articles, copy for petitions and campaign sub-components like SMS, Email, Social posts, etc. when called upon and sometimes within short notice.
- Drive copywriting needs for a newly created advocacy action center.
- Ensure all written content is engaging and impactful, built around an emotional core but in line with truth® campaign (@truthorange / thetruth.com) brand guidelines.
- Develop systems for digging through social media and other channels to brainstorm advocacy related content on tobacco prevention that inspire young people to participate in action.
- Drive content that instigates action, both online and offline, to encourage young people to engage in activities ranging from petitions to, self-organizing and fields activations.
- Work with internal team members to figure out innovative ways to tell advocacy stories in video form.
- Become our in-house content lead on all-things advocacy while ensuring the brand is consistent in tone and find compelling narratives to make people care.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years professional web writing experience, experience writing for a non-profit/cause-based organization is a major plus.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- A solid understanding of truth® campaign brand and mission.
- Experience producing and packaging stories for digital media, and writing for both web and social platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects and with internal staff and outside partners/vendors is a requirement.
- Non-profit/issue advocacy experience desired.
Salary is commensurate with experience with EXCELLENT benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with salary history, and cover letter here
Mail application materials to:
Attn: Jr. Copywriter, Digital Advocacy
900 G Street, NW, Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 454-5597
No telephone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.