The Director, Research will implement and oversee tobacco control policy research for the Schroeder Institute (SI).
- Oversee and generate a portfolio of internally funded policy research projects;
- Identify new internal project opportunities that move the SI research agenda forward;
- Lead research activities, including selecting and refining study measures, developing and implementing surveys, overseeing quality control of data collection, developing analysis plans and preparing summaries of findings;
- Lead and co-author manuscripts for peer-review publications;
- Present research findings at conferences and internal and external meetings;
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships/collaborations around priority areas for the organization;
- Collaborate with external partners to develop and submit grant/contract applications; if funded, participate as sub-awardees
- Participate as a member of the leadership team for SI;
- Ensure that SI resources and funds are effectively and efficiently managed;
- Identify strategic opportunities and outlets to share Truth Initiative research;
- Make recommendations for improvements and efficiencies to the research process;
- Manage a team of staff including those supervising other staff to perform projects and tasks mentioned above; and
- Work and guide other departments in projects, initiatives, and reports to further Truth Initiative’s mission.
The ideal candidate must have a doctorate in public health, health policy, psychology, communications, or a related field with a least 5 years of post-doctoral research experience. The candidate must also have an interest, and ideally, experience, in tobacco control research. Must have a history of peer-reviewed publications. Previous experience in project management and supervision of staff is required; a solid background in research methodology, health behavior change theory and practice is preferred. Excellent communication skills, with a focus on writing ability, are essential. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively. Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Salary is competitive based on experience with EXCELLENT benefits.
Interested applicants should submit their resume through our website
Attn: Director, Research
900 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 454-5597
No telephone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.